I love food. I love to try new food. I love to try mom and pop restaurants, holes in the wall, you know, the little joints, some run down, some new. They seem to have the best food. I want to share these places with you in the hopes that you will feel the same way I do about food and want to try something new and delicious or something basic but very good. I may also throw in an incredible recipe I come across since I not only like to eat, I like to cook. I hope you enjoy the journey and if you have a place you want me to try, please let me know.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chicken & Taters

Fried Chicken

1449 Hwy 54
Fayetteville, GA
At the Marathon Station across the street from Adams Farms between Peachtree City and Fayetteville
Cash Only, no debit or credit cards
Driving directions

Recently I have had a craving for fried chicken. Not sure where these cravings come from but I am weak when it comes to food cravings so I decided to stop by Chicken & Taters today for lunch. If you live in Fayette County, GA, you know where this place is. You pass it every time you travel on Hwy 54 between Peachtree City and Fayetteville. I pass this place a couple of times per week as I drive between the Real Life Center and the Real Life stores in Fayetteville and Tyrone. They have a big yellow sign at the stop light so it's hard to miss.  The restaurant is on the left, attached to the gas station but not in the gas station.

Chicken & Taters - entrance under the flag
Chicken & Taters has been in this location for 17 years. They must be doing something right to have lasted this long. Every time I drive by I see at least a couple of trucks in the parking lot and an occasional car.  When I walked in I was greeted by a friendly, soft spoken lady who most likely had at least a couple of grandchildren. Their specialty is fried chicken and fried potato wedges. They have a pretty extensive menu considering that this is a small place. This is takeout only but they do have some picnic tables outside.  


Fried Chicken, Taters, Cole Slaw
I decided to give the Fried Chicken and Fried Potato Wedges a try.  I also ordered Cole Slaw.  Cole slaw may be one of my favorite foods so I order it every chance I get.  The chiekcn tasted a lot like the original KFC recipe which I like very much.  The chicken was moist and tender.  I thought I would need some ketchup or Ranch dressing for taters but the weren't dry at all.  They were delicious but then again, if you fry anything you make it a whole lot better.  This meal cost me $6.42.  I think this is reasonable since it was filling and very good.

Bottom Line

This is a good place to eat.  Friendly, quick service and reasonable prices.  I will definitely give this place another try.

Recommendations

If you have never been here, go for the chicken and taters.  The cole slaw was pretty good as well.

Remember, they are cash only.  No debit or credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if you have a restaurant suggestion or if you have eaten at this place and what you liked.