I love food. I love to try new food. I love to try mom and pop restaurants, holes in the wall, you know, the little joints, some run down, some new. They seem to have the best food. I want to share these places with you in the hopes that you will feel the same way I do about food and want to try something new and delicious or something basic but very good. I may also throw in an incredible recipe I come across since I not only like to eat, I like to cook. I hope you enjoy the journey and if you have a place you want me to try, please let me know.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mr. Fuji

Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar


1204 North Peachtree Parkway
Peachtree City, GA
Between Target and Kroger
Driving directions

Tonkatsu Bento Box
Mr. Fuji has been a family favorite for years. My wife and daughter like the hibachi the best but I like the traditional Japanese food. I have eaten Shrimp Tempura, Soba noodles, and mostly the Bento Boxes. In one of my previous jobs I was fortunate to be able to travel to Tokyo and Nagano for a month each time. When I am out of this country, I always try the local food and skip the tourist spots. One of my favorite meals in Japan was the Bento Box which can be ordered with a variety of options. I really like variety over quantity, which is why I like buffets so much.  Once while in Tokyo I would order the breakfast Bento Box and it came with about eight different items in it and none of them contained eggs or bacon but usually some kind of fish.

On this visit I ordered the Tonkatsu Bento Box. Tonkatsu is a pork cutlet lightly battered in Panko bread crumbs and then fried.  It comes with plum sauce. This meal also comes with five pieces of California Roll, three Fried Dumplings, and steamed rice.  It also includes a salad with that wonder ginger dressing and a bowl of Miso Soup. I was introduced to Miso Soup in Japan and learned to love it quickly.

Miso Soup

Bottom Line

Mr.Fuji is a very good restaurant. As far as I can tell, this is authentic Japanese Food although I never saw a hibachi restaurant during my travels to Japan. But, I did eat some of the same food and some of the things I have ordered taste just as good here as they did in Japan. Like all Japanese steak houses, they tend to be expensive, especially the hibachi part. I think the prices on their traditional items are reasonable and the quality is high. My Tonkatsu Bento Box was $9 and it was good and filling.

Recommendations

Tonkatsu Bento Box - fried pork cutlet, sushi, dumplings, rice, soup and salad
Saba Shioyaki Bento Box - fried Mackerel, sushi, dumpling, rice, soup and salad - this is amazing fish
Tempura - any kind is good
Soba Noodles - hard to describe but delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if you have a restaurant suggestion or if you have eaten at this place and what you liked.