I love food. I love to try new food. I love to try mom and pop restaurants, holes in the wall, you know, the little joints, some run down, some new. They seem to have the best food. I want to share these places with you in the hopes that you will feel the same way I do about food and want to try something new and delicious or something basic but very good. I may also throw in an incredible recipe I come across since I not only like to eat, I like to cook. I hope you enjoy the journey and if you have a place you want me to try, please let me know.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

La Placita

Authentic Mexican Food

8420 Senoia Road
Fairburn, GA
Driving directions

I have visited this restaurant many times over the past couple of years and it has become my favorite Mexican restaurant.  The food is always excellent and the price is unbeatable. Most meals range from $5 to $7 with a couple of specialties running up to $10. La Placita caters to the local Mexican community but you will see the occasional gringo in there who really likes authentic Mexican food. Once you try this place you will want to go back soon.

Mike, David, Sadie, Lil and I met there for lunch today. We each ordered something different.

Chicken & Potatoes


Mike tried the special of the day, roasted chicken and potatoes, corn tortillas, rice and beans.  He loved it.  They usually have a special of the day till it runs out.








Burrito Asada
David ordered the Burrito de Carne Asada (steak).  This is a meal in itself.  It has lots of seasoned grilled steak, rice, beans, jalapenos, and cilantro.  When I order this I like to have the cook put the hot sauce on the inside to give it a little more kick.  This meal is a load so you had better be hungry or be prepared to take the leftovers home with you.



Chicken Flautas
Sadie ordered the Chicken Flautas, chicken rolled up in a flour tortilla and then fried, served with rice and beans.  This is one of my favorite dishes.  It has an addictive flavor to it.  They take something delicious then fry it to make it amazing.







Enchiladas Verde

I ordered the Enchiladas Verde, chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce.  Another of my favorite dishes.  These enchiladas just melt in your mouth.








Bottom Line
This is a must visit restaurant if you want real Mexican food.  No chips and dip, no guacamole, and no margaritas.  Just straight up good authentic Mexican food at a very reasonable price.

My Recommendations

Burrito de Carne Asada - you have to be pretty hungry to order this
Tacos de Carne Asada - four steak tacos with cilantro and onion
Enchiladas Verde - melt in your mouth chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce
Chicken Flautas - chicken rolled up in a flour tortilla and fried.  Everything is better when fried!
Rice and Beans - the best rice and beans I have ever eaten.  I usually save them for dessert.
Tacos de Lengua - cow tongue tacos that melt in your mouth and have a great flavor

This restaurant is attached to a small Mexican grocery store and butcher shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if you have a restaurant suggestion or if you have eaten at this place and what you liked.