I love food. I love to try new food. I love to try mom and pop restaurants, holes in the wall, you know, the little joints, some run down, some new. They seem to have the best food. I want to share these places with you in the hopes that you will feel the same way I do about food and want to try something new and delicious or something basic but very good. I may also throw in an incredible recipe I come across since I not only like to eat, I like to cook. I hope you enjoy the journey and if you have a place you want me to try, please let me know.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thai Isan

Thai Food

1009 Peachtree Pkwy
Peachtree City, GA
Thai Isan Website
Driving directions

While Thai Isan may not be classified as a mom and pop restaurant, it is not a chain and the food is pretty good.  I've only been to a couple of Thai restaurants in my life so I don't have a lot to compare with.

This visit I was a small business meeting so Sid, Sharon, Carlton, Maribeth, and Abby went and we all ordered our favorite goodies.  Here is a rundown of what we ordered.

Basil Roll
Probably the favorite of this group is the Basil Roll.  This has an amazing fresh taste and the minty kick of basil.  It's crunch and full of flavor.  Its wonderful when dipped in the peanut sauce.

Calamari
Maribeth went for the Calamari and shared it.  It seemed to be a hit.  It was some of the freshest looking fried calamari that I have ever seen.

Coconut Soup
Carlton, Maribeth, and Sharon went for the Coconut Soup.  It was enjoyed by all. This is one of their top dishes and if you've never tried it, this is a must if you go here.

Chicken Pho
Abby went for her favorite, Chicken Pho.  This is a noodle soup with chunks of chicken with a side of peppers, bean sprouts, basil, and lemon.

Pad Thai
Sid went for the Pad Thai.  Pad Thai is probably one of the most popular Thai dishes.  It is a clear noodle with chicken, slightly sweet, served with bean sprouts and peanuts.  It has an addictive flavor.

Somtom
I decided to go for Somtom.  Somtom is a sliced green papaya dish in fish sauce and anchovy paste.  I ordered it medium heat since the last time I ordered this dish at a Laos restaurant, it was so hot it was hard to handle.  Somtom is served with raw cabbage to help reduce the heat.  It has a very fresh flavor to it and the fish sauce, which doesn't taste like fish, is really good.

Bottom Line

Thai Isan has tasty food.  If you have never tried Thai, give this place a shot.  Prices are reasonable as well.

Recommendations
Basil Rolls - fresh and delicious.  These are so good I get my own and I don't share.
Coconut Soup - tasty
Pad Thai - you can't go wrong with this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if you have a restaurant suggestion or if you have eaten at this place and what you liked.